Electrical Service Technician
Electrical Service Technician
Wood-Mizer offers a complete line of narrowband portable and industrial sawmills, wideband sawmilling equipment, resaws, edgers, kilns, molders/planers, firewood processing equipment, pallet recycling equipment, material handling equipment, bandsaw blades, and blade maintenance equipment for forestry and timber professionals throughout the world.
Our Culture and Values:
Wood-Mizer is committed to customer and employee success, putting compassion and faith at the forefront of the operation, and committing themselves to provide high-quality equipment that makes a positive difference in people’s lives. Wood-Mizer is a 100% employee-owned company and believes that every mill owner is an extension of our Wood-Mizer family – a philosophy that makes our customers feel right at home.
What To Expect for Wood-Mizer:
Wood-Mizer believes that an investment in our employees is an investment in our future. Therefore, we offer a variety of benefits to make sure that employees are healthy and happy so we can grow, learn, and innovate together.
· Wood-Mizer's Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) ensures that as the company grows, that growth and wealth is shared by the entire Wood-Mizer family.
· Wood-Mizer offers competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage, as well life and disability insurance.
· We understand that your future is important, which is why we are proud to offer two distinct retirement benefits.
· Wood-Mizer is dedicated to serving our community both locally and worldwide.
· Your career is important to us at Wood-Mizer. We offer tuition reimbursements so you can further your skillset and have a promote-from-within culture because we want to share in your success.
· We offer competitive wages with generous discretionary bonuses throughout the year.
· We understand the importance of a healthy life/work balance. We offer paid vacation time, paid holidays, paid time off for a wedding, birth of a child, placement of a child, as well as an adoption assistance plan.
· From company-wide celebrations, holiday parties, and company outings, to chats around the complimentary coffee stations, Wood-Mizer believes that, for us, work can be a socially enriching experience.
· We offer an annual allowance on branded clothing, safety boots, and safety glasses.
· From gift cards celebrating your birthday and work anniversary, access to discounted shipping rates, and a referral rewards program, Wood-Mizer finds ways to make small gestures add up to meaningful moments.
Summary of Role You are Applying For:
As an Electrical Service Technician, you will work with customers to troubleshoot equipment issues and create solutions and ensure a smooth interaction all while upholding the integrity of Wood-Mizer’s core values. Will also analyze, locates, and repairs technical field problems as requested by customer service call or defect occurring in the field system or over the phone. You will complete paperwork associated with each work order. A High school education or equivalent is required.
How You Will Spend Your Time:
Every day brings a new challenge at Wood-Mizer. Here are some ways you will be spending your time for each role:
- Respond to customers’ inquiries, questions, or complaints, regarding products and services.
- Determines best method to resolve complex technical and electrical issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates info to resolve issue.
- Provides training and guidance to entry level reps
- Requires thorough knowledge of organization policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Interfaces with the customer to provide technical aspects of products and services.
- Provides issue resolution and troubleshooting to our customers over the phone.
- Relays feedback to appropriate departments.
- Coordinate problem resolution with appropriate departments
- Troubleshoot equipment both in-house and in the field.
- Troubleshoot High Voltage and Low voltage DC; up to 480 Volt AC
- Report any failure trends to manager.
- Follow-up, either verbally or in writing, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage RMAs within cycle time goals.
- Train customers in an individual and classroom setting.
- Back up engine specialist
- Assist sales department in providing expertise to prospective and existing customers
- Services product and equipment in the field in USA and Internationally
- Assist on equipment installs
- Attend dealer meetings/shows
- Identify, analysis and repairs customer product at customer location
- Performs preventative maintenance
- Determines parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need and documents service-related activities
- Provides training at customer’s site
Peripheral Functions of the Job:
- Make service calls or deliveries to customers.
- 20% Travel is required. Weekends may be included. Travel will be mostly domestic but on occasion internationally.
- Conduct product demonstrations for the Sales Dept. at Commercial/Industrial Shows.
- Maintain Safety policies (safety glasses, ear protection, steel toe shoes).
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Complete Certification material as required.
- Maintain DOT requirement (logbooks, etc.) – Recommended not required
Things that are Important to Have:
Below are some requirements for this specific role:
EDUCATION: High School Education or Equivalent.
- Prior experience in customer service areas and working with public.
- Hydraulic system experience (troubleshooting and rebuilding components).
- Good interpersonal skills / dealing with people in a positive manner.
- 12 Volt DC Electrical experience required.
- High Volt AC Electrical experience required.
- Hydraulic system: Must understand fluid flow inside a closed system.
- Knowledgeable in the operations of PLC’s.
- Self-starter, ability to stay focused while working closely with others.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good typing skills.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""
Wage/Salary : $20-27 an hour