Customer Service Representative (Bank Teller)
Customer Service Representative (Bank Teller)
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
POSITION LOCATION: Hendricks County, IN
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORKER CATEGORY: Full-Time
For more than a century, Hendricks County Bank and Trust Company has been committed to advancing the aspirations and accomplishments of people who live, work, and do business in Hendricks County. Since the day we opened our doors, we have sustained that local focus. Our bank’s efforts and resources have always supported and strengthened the communities we call home. We treat our customers like neighbors because that is exactly who they are. That means we always address the needs of our customers quickly.
Our mission at Hendricks County Bank and Trust is to promote economic prosperity - improving the quality of life in the community we serve. We will do this by providing quality banking services in a professional manner with employees who are empowered to recognize and respond to the needs of our customers.
Local community bank is seeking individuals to work in Hendricks County, Indiana with the qualifications to provide high quality customer service, balance cash (teller drawer, ATM and vault), process daily transactions and cash checks all according to bank policies and procedures. The ability to cross sell bank products and services is a must as well as opening deposit accounts and performing other banking duties as needed.
• Ensure that all bank policies, procedures, and security measures are followed.
• Ensure that a high level of customer service is maintained and that customer complaints are elevated and addressed in a timely manner.
• Record transactions, which involves logging checks and preparing transaction reports.
• Count and package currency.
• Reconcile cash drawers.
• Open new accounts and help with loan applications.
• Promote the bank’s products and services through cross selling.
• Keep customers’ personal information confidential.
• Communicate with other bank team members.
• Other duties as assigned.
• No supervisory responsibilities.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Minimum of 1 year relevant and transferrable customer service experience.
• Previous banking experience preferred.
• Proficient using various computer software.
• The ability to process transactions quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
• A high level of attention to detail, organization, and time-management.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality and protect the privacy of employees and customers.
• Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Office Hours:
o 8am – 5pm: Monday-Thursday
o 8am – 6pm: Friday
o 8am – 12pm: Saturday
• Branch staff rotates Saturdays (with one additional day off given the week of Saturday shift)
• Occasional travel to other branch locations within Hendricks County to provide assistance, attend meetings, and training sessions may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Physical requirements are relatively light and those typically met in a normal office environment.
• Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
• Occasionally may need to lift up to 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Traditional office setting.
• Must interact with others often, multi-task, and will experience frequent interruptions.
Full-time employees enjoy a competitive benefit package. Benefits include medical, health savings account, dental, vision, 401(k), ESOP, paid vacation, personal, sick, and holidays, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Hendricks County Bank and Trust Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
LEARN MORE: Visit https://www.hendrickscountybank.com/ to learn more about our company!
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Customer Service, Finance
Wage/Salary : Compensation commensurate on experience.