PRIMARY FUNCTION: To manage the life enrichment activities sponsored by Hendricks County Senior Services and to support the achievement of agency objectives.
1. Educational: High School graduate. College degree preferred.
2. Experience: Experience and knowledge of social services for older adults; special events; volunteer coordination; proficient with Microsoft products; grant administration/project management; and supervision of staff.
3. Personal: Enthusiastic and creative; demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments; regular, predictable attendance; empathetic to older adults.
REPORTING & ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP:
1. Responsibility: Reports directly to the Executive Director.
2. Coordinative Relationship: Directly supervises Social Worker, Center Attendants, Custodian, and Senior Center Volunteers. Must work well with all staff so that agency services are delivered efficiently.
1. Plan, promote and institute daily activities of the Senior Center in the following focus areas:
a. Health and wellness
b. Life-long learning
c. Life enrichment (social, recreational, and travel)
d. Congregate meal program (in coordination with CICOA Meal Site Coordinator)
e. Create monthly newsletter
2. Plan, institute, and promote a variety of activities and events sponsored by Hendricks County Senior Services.
a. Solicit and steward appropriate sponsors and partners.
b. Implement approved fundraising events/activities. Achieve financial and participation goals.
c. Participate in community outreach throughout Hendricks County.
d. Coordinate and supervise activities provided by vendors, partners and volunteers.
e. Motivate and influence program participants to assist with activities to encourage inclusion.
f. Promote Senior Center Membership throughout Hendricks County, increasing the number of paid members. Solicit renewals.
3. Program development/management
a. Promote a positive atmosphere that encourages a sense of belonging.
b. Respond effectively and timely to changing demographics and generational differences.
c. Analyze and evaluate program efficiency, effectiveness, safety, inclusion/ diversity, and customer satisfaction.
d. Manage activity software and client database, My Senior Center.
e. Manage billing/enrollment for covered fitness programs (i.e. Silver Sneakers).
f. Effectively investigate and resolve concerns between Senior Center users.
g. Maintain appropriate boundaries between self and clients.
h. Recommend solutions to problems/issues.
i. Maintain records to support reporting requirements.
j. Ensure compliance with grant requirements.
k. Meet with various health and safety inspectors as needed and see that necessary steps are taken to remedy shortcomings.
a. Supervise Social Worker, Center Attendants, and Custodian, including scheduling, hiring, discipline, evaluation, etc.
b. Recruit, train, supervise, and retain Senior Center volunteers.
5. Other Responsibilities
a. All other duties as assigned.
b. Assist any other service area when needed and requested.
c. Maintain CPR certification.
d. Receive, review, understand, and agree to follow the policies of Hendricks County Senior Services as detailed in the agency’s employee handbook.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ MENTAL FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to speak clearly and distinctly.
- Must have visual, hearing and mental ability to initiate, comprehend and communicate written and verbal communication and financial information.
- Must be willing to be responsible for and maintain job-related supplies and equipment according to Agency policy and expectations.
- Must be able to operate/acquire the skills to operate office communication equipment and software systems.
- Must be able to access files and documents from file cabinets.
- Must be able to perform tasks involving sitting and some physical activity such as light lifting, some bending, stooping and standing.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks such as keyboarding on assigned computer systems.
ESSENTIAL HAZARDOUS /PHYSICAL EXPOSURES:
- Potential to travel in inclement weather.
CHEMICAL OR HAZARDOUS MATERIALS EXPOSURE:
- Potential exposure to cleaning substances within office environment.
- Potential exposure to substances within office environment including copy machine toner, VDT emissions and cleaning solvents.
- Potential exposure to chemical/cleaning substances in Agency.
OTHER SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:
- Must be able to function in a stressful environment and meet deadlines as requested.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level, Director
Job Function : General