Summary of Job Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, and in line with established policies and procedures, provides a variety of service functions, including processing checking and savings accounts, loan payments, cashing checks, and selling money orders and traveler's checks. Also processes mail, night depository contents, and cross-sells services. Responsible for balancing each day's transactions and cash drawer. Accountable for complying with all Bank Secrecy and Anti Money Laundering regulations, bank policies and procedures. Job involves considerable customer contact. Tellers must understand the benefits and features of products and services in order to assist our customers in buying decisions and problem resolution.
Essential Job Duties:
- Is accountable for representing the bank to the customer in a courteous, professional manner, and for providing prompt, efficient, and accurate service in processing transactions.
- Receives negotiable instruments and cash for deposit to savings and checking accounts, verifies cash amounts, and examines checks for endorsement and negotiability.
- Cashes checks and pays money from savings and checking accounts upon verification of signatures and customer account balances. Inspects all checks, bonds, money orders, savings withdrawals.
- Cross-sells bank services, explaining such matters as various types of accounts and certificates. Suggests the use of safe deposit boxes, ATM, automatic loan payments, etc.
- Receives payments for loan accounts, ensuring the payments equal the amount due and all late charges, if applicable, are collected.
- Sells money orders, cashier's checks, and traveler's checks.
- Processes charge card (i.e., Visa) cash advances.
- Redemption of U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Drive-up duties
- Reconciliation of ATM functions
Skills and Abilities Required:
- The ability to communicate, speak clearly, and demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills necessary to represent the bank in dealing with customers.
- The ability to read, write, and speak English; count currency and coin; and to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Mental/visual skills effectively and efficiently verify customer transactions.
Minimum Level of Performance and Training Normally Required:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of pre-employment test, drug screen, background check, and credit check.
- Flexible schedule Monday-Friday and Saturday morning availability.
- Minimum discomfort from noise, heat, dust, and other causes.
- Required to stand for long periods when providing customer services
- Exposed to potential robbery conditions. Receives detailed instructions and procedures to be followed to minimize the risk.
- The strength to lift and carry cash drawers and coin bags (10 pounds).
Click HERE to Apply!
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Finance