Career Services Advisor - Youth
Career Services Advisor - Youth
Interlocal Association is now accepting resumes for a full-time Career Services Advisor-Youth position. The position will be located at our WorkOne Plainfield office. The incumbent is responsible for making available a full range of employment and training services to youth, focusing on assessment of skills, abilities and aptitudes, and service plans to prepare them for post-secondary training, and/or work. The incumbent will also network and make community contacts with appropriate organizations on behalf of youth.
Youth Career Services Advisor (YCSA) provides a wide variety of employment and training services to youth, focusing on assessment of skills, abilities and aptitudes, and service plans to prepare them for post-secondary training, and/or work. Job search training and assistance will be provided to those who are job ready. Networking and community contacts with appropriate organizations on behalf of youth will be performed on a regular basis.
Essential Job Duties
- Works directly with Youth Services Advisor Team Lead on programming and performance goals.
- Completes applications and related forms to establish eligibility utilizing the mandatory tracking system.
- Completes vouchers and vendor authorization forms for payments to or on behalf of clients.
- Counsels youth to establish goals and prescribe steps for developing and implementing individual service strategies; makes referrals to appropriate agencies.
- Keeps timely, accurate case notes in electronic tracking system for all enrolled participants.
- Explains special employment program eligibility, laws, regulations, and grievance procedures to participants and may conduct group workshops or group counseling sessions relating to job attitudes, job search, interview conduct, etc.
- Administers appropriate tests to youth to identify personal interests, aptitudes and skills, as needed. Interprets and discusses results with youth.
- Maintains current information on training institutions (and is aware of minimum training program entry requirements) and labor market forecasts for the selection of training programs.
- Guides participants based on identified aptitudes and interests to areas that will ultimately result in gainful employment in occupations in demand.
- Engaged with youth serving organizations in the community, for the purposes of recruitment of youth and coordination of services.
- Will develop internships and work experience opportunities for youth.
- Coordinates placement and other activities with DWD Wagner-Peyser staff, and WorkOne staff, and assists youth as needed with registration in the State job matching system.
- Works as part of the youth service team to meet WIOA program goals and other goals as established by the Region and/or State.
- Works as part of the WorkOne services team in scheduling and coordinating activities.
- Works with other state or private agencies on special programs and training opportunities.
- May attend meetings and/or serve on committees of other community organizations that provide services to mutual participants.
- May attend training or meetings sponsored by the State or others to update skills or information to better serve participants.
- Performs other related employment and training work as required.
Works most of the time in a well ventilated modern office. Performance of duties will require travel within the assigned county/counties and in and around Region 5. Works standard 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, but hours may be adjusted as needed, not to exceed 40 hours per week.
Bachelor's Degree in related field.
At least one year as an employment and training professional, human resources administrator, or related professional work experience. Demonstrable experience in a responsible position requiring independent judgment. Related work experience may substitute for the four year bachelor's degree.
Oral and written communication skills should demonstrate the ability to write letters, memos, report, train staff and speak to groups.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $39,020.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Work Location: In person
Career Services Advisor-Youth
Out-of-School Career and Training Advisor for 16-24 year olds.
The position will be located at our WorkOne Plainfield office
Starting Salary: $39,020.00/Year ($20.00/an hour)
Resumes must be emailed by Friday, September 22, 2023
Resumes may be mailed or hand delivered to:
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 69, 836 S. State Street
Greenfield, IN 46140
Detailed Job description is attached.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Administrative
Wage/Salary : 39020